Is my puppy too fat or too skinny? Downlaod this in pdf format.
Underfed puppies display highly visible rids.
Puppies with ideal body condition have a waist when viewed from above. You can feel and see the outline of ribs. The belly is tucked up when viewed from the side.
Overfed puppies have no waist when viewed from above. The Belly is rounded when viewed from the side.
Benefits of maintaining an ideal body condition:
- Promotes a leaner, longer, healthier life
- Reduces the potential for developing weight-related health conditions
- Reduces a dog's percentage of body fat for better health
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- Helps maintain healthy blood pressure and heart rate.